1. Sizzle the Onions with olive oil on a low temperature for 5 minutes until soft.
2. Add Garlic and Cumin, cook for 30 seconds then add the Harissa paste and Tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add Tomatoes, Ginger, Sugar and Stock. Simmer gently for 20 minutes.
4. Allow the mixture to cool slightly and then blend in a blender until smooth.
5. Then add the chickpeas and use a hand blender to crush the chickpeas but still keep it quite chunky.
6. Season to taste with Salt and Pepper.
7. Add chopped Coriander. Serve soup in bowls.