Fundraising and Volunteers Officer (South)
Hours per Week
Who we are:
Muslim Aid is a British, faith-based international development organisation that provides support to communities around the world affected by disasters, conflict or endemic poverty without regard to their social, religious, or ethnic background.
What you’ll be doing:
Working within a diverse and dynamic team the Fundraising and Volunteers Officer (South) is responsible for contributing towards fundraising activity as per the set objectives and targets agreed in Muslim Aid’s Strategic Plan and annual team work plan. This role will mainly focus on London to begin with but broadening that reach over time, to maximize income from a diverse range of community and innovative events to achieve agreed income targets.
This role will work tactically and autonomously to, amongst other things:
- Work within the Fundraising team to maximize income from a diverse range of community and innovative events to achieve agreed income targets.
- Establish and maintain contact with supporters, volunteers, local community leaders, mosques, external organisations and schools.
- Assist with campaigns and fundraising activities at a regional level.
- Raise funds with key stakeholders such as schools, businesses, mosques, community groups and the general public at large.
- Organise and assist with fundraising and promotional events and share best practice with other regions attending at events such as schools, businesses, mosques, community groups and the general public.
- Support the Fundraising team in other Fundraising related activities as required by the organisation.
- Recruit and supervise a targeted amount of new volunteers and organise training sessions for volunteers to support fundraising activities.
- Manage the detail of the fundraising volunteer plans, knowing and understanding targets and reporting.
Who we are looking for
This is a fast-paced and highly supporter-centric role within Muslim Aid and as such the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Some experience within a fundraising role and of securing income from individuals. and/or major donors.
- Experience of direct accountability for financial or other targets.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate information in an enthusiastic, engaging way.
- Knowledge of BME and faith-based communities.
Why you should apply:
If you are self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy this role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Community Fundraiser to be able to lead on, build and develop a fundraising programme. You will be joining a supportive, highly-skilled, passionate organisation as a specialist in your field.
How to apply
To apply please submit your cover letter (no more than 1 page) and CV to Recruitment@muslimaid.org
Muslim Aid’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults in our care/employment. Successful candidates will be expected to undergo a DBS check (Basic, Standard or Enhanced depending on the role). In addition, all successful candidates for finance roles will undergo an Experian Credit Check