Country Programme Development and Quality Manager - Sudan
2 Years Fixed-Term Contract
Hours per Week
Who we are
Muslim Aid is a British, faith-based international development organisation that provides support to communities around the world affected by disasters, conflict or endemic poverty without regard to their social, religious, or ethnic background.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking to recruit an experienced and talented Country Programme Development and Quality Manager for Muslim Aid Sudan Country Office.
As the Country Programme Development and Quality Manager, you will be responsible for Programme design and development including, proposal writing, project budget management, MEAL and ensuring project standards in the design and implementation.
Amongst other duties in this role you will:
- Collaborate with the Country Director (CD) to provide leadership and strategic direction for the design of Country office strategic frameworks and plans, including the development of resource mobilization strategies to optimize the impact of large and complex programming interventions in line with MA organizational strategic priorities
- Lead high quality proposal development for a variety of donors such as; WFP, UNICEF, ECHO, UNHCR, Dubai Cares, IOM, UNOCHA and others
- Work closely with Project Coordinators and ensure quality implementation of MA projects in Sudan
- Effectively manage senior programming talent. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring for senior programme staff in Khartoum and in the field offices
- Coordinate with Country Office Head of Operations and finance staff in HQ to ensure appropriate project budgeting and efficient use and stewardship of project materials and financial resources
- Work closely with MEAL Coordinator and ensure that each project has MEAL system. Also, ensure that Project Coordinators are continuously reviewing MEAL data to make informed decisions for achieving the project targets
Why you’ll be hired
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Master’s and Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as, MBA, MPH, social work, management, NGO management, project management, International development, International Relations or others
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a program development and management position with progressive responsibilities for an international NGO.
- Experience in one of the programme areas such as; health, nutrition, FSL, WASH, Education, emergency programming, or other
- Strong experience in project grants management for large and complex projects, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc.
- Substantial experience with successful business development activities capturing significant public and private donor funding, including proposal coordination, proposal writing, and agreement negotiation
- Staff management experience
- Professional proficiency in English
Why you should apply:
This will be a challenging role with lots of autonomy working in a fast-paced and busy environment. If you have the drive and passion to be our Country Programme Development and Quality Manager in Sudan, then please send us your CV with a cover letter and complete the application form and submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org