Summary of Role
The role will be responsible for ensuring transactional queries, banking, accounts payables, sales ledger whilst also assisting the Management Accountant and International Accountant in implementing a strong control environment within Muslim Aid.
About the Role
- To be responsible for the day to day management of purchase ledger, ensuring purchase invoices and payment vouchers are correctly coded, authorised, recorded on the finance system, payment and dealing with queries within a timely manner.
- To maintain the Income ledgers, raising Invoices, coding of income, posting receipts and to be responsible for credit control procedures and following up with outstanding debtor balances.
- To reconcile bank accounts to ensure correct recording of all transactions.
- To bank cash and cheques from the Fundraising team and to query any discrepancies between their records and ours.
- To assist in month end closedown by carrying out the month end procedures, including but not limited to reconciling creditor control account, vendor account allocation, ensure balance sheet accounts reflect the accurate balances.
- To provide support and information (invoice, donor agreements, bank statements etc) for the year end statutory audit.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Minimum 5 GCSE’s (A-C) including Maths and English or equivalent
- AAT qualified or studying towards ACCA/CIMA
- Experience of month end process and year end journal entries
- Bank Reconciliation and Purchase Ledger experience
- High standard of numeracy, accuracy with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work flexibly, under pressure and prioritise effectively, with a calm and professional approach
Why you should Apply
This is a great opportunity to build on your experience and gain valuable exposure to various areas within finance to further develop your knowledge and skills
Benefits you will enjoy if you work for us:
- 37 days holiday (including Bank Holidays and Privilege days)
- Hybrid working
- Employee benefits with Perkbox
- Paid time off for medical appointments
- 2 hours lunch break on Fridays
- Time off in Lieu (TOIL)
How to apply:
To apply please click ‘Apply for role’ link.
If there are any issues or concerns with your application, please contact [email protected]