Summary of Role
This role is based in the UK and open to individuals with unrestricted right to live and work in the UK. At this stage we are unable to offer sponsorship opportunities. Therefore, you must currently hold the right to work in the UK.
This is an exciting time to join our Finance team who are constantly improving ways of working and there’s always something new to learn. The role will be responsible for transactional queries, banking, accounts payables, sales ledger whilst also assisting the Management Accountant and International Accountant in implementing a strong control environment within Muslim Aid.
About the Role
Some of the main responsibilities of this role will be:
- To administer the day to day management of purchase ledger, ensuring purchase invoices and payment vouchers are correctly coded, authorised, recorded on the finance system, payment and dealing with queries within a timely manner.
- To maintain the Income ledgers, raising invoices, coding of income, posting receipts and to be responsible for credit control procedures and following up with outstanding debtor balances.
- The reconciliation of all bank accounts to ensure correct recording of all transactions.
- Processing all petty cash advances and reconciling the petty cash float ensuring it is topped up and all transactions are recorded.
- To bank cash and cheques from the Fundraising team and querying any discrepancies between their records and ours.
- To assist in month end closedown by carrying out the month end procedures, including but not limited to reconciling creditor control account, vendor account allocation, ensure balance sheet accounts reflect the accurate balances.
To be successful in this role:
- Minimum 5 A-C in GCSE including Maths and English or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a similar role.
- Bank Reconciliation experience.
- Purchase Ledger experience.
- Ability to work flexibly, under pressure and prioritise effectively, with a calm and professional approach.
- High standard of numeracy, accuracy with a keen eye for detail.
Why you should Apply
If you are an exceptional and experienced Accounts Officer who has the necessary skills and personal qualities to contribute to the strategic vision and leadership of the finance function then this may be the role for you.
Benefits you will enjoy if you work for us:
- 37 days holiday (including Bank Holidays and Privilege days)
- Flexible working conditions, including home working
- Employee benefits with Perkbox
- Free eye tests
- Paid time off for medical appointments
- 2 hours lunch break on Fridays
- Time off in Lieu (TOIL)