Summary of Role
This position is ONLY open to applicants who already hold the unrestricted right to live and work in Bangladesh.
The Country Director will provide dynamic leadership and management to develop and deliver Muslim Aid‘s strategy in Bangladesh, with a focus on leading and building a high-performing, diverse team and on developing strong relationships with external stakeholders that are critical to Muslim Aid’s growth and reputation in the country.
About the Role
- To ensure the country office’s programme strategy is responding to the country’s critical development and humanitarian needs, and is aligned to Muslim Aid’s global strategy, mission and values.
- To ensure that a comprehensive monitoring, evaluation and lessons learning system, including external third party M&E is in place.
- To secure funding in order to enable programme growth and sustainability.
- To line manage the country team and the work in the country, which will include: staff, budgets, funding (both institutional and local) and ensure programme delivery in accordance with Muslim Aid policies and procedures.
- To ensure that effective and secure budgetary control of the programmes’ finances and expenditures are established and maintained, in line with Muslim Aid’s financial policy and procedures.
- To ensure that the statutory accounts of the office are annually audited by an external auditor appointed for a fixed term in consultation with HQ.
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience working in a Country Director or Regional Director role or other senior level leadership/management position in an INGO environment.
- Considerable experience of international development work, including project or programme management.
- Experience of working with organisations in developing countries, ideally in South and Southeast Asia.
- Experience of multiple donor grant management and reporting to major donors.
Why you should Apply
If you are an inspiring, ambitious and values driven leader who is able to work with our team to take our Country Office Bangladesh to the next level, and you like a challenge then this may be the position for you.
How to apply?
You must complete and submit the application form attached. If you have any issues with your application, please email Recruitment@muslimaid.orgwith the subject line CD Bangladesh.