Summary of Role
This role is open to Pakistani nationals ONLY
The Country Director will provide dynamic leadership and management to develop and deliver Muslim Aid ‘s strategy in Pakistan, with a focus on leading and building a high-performing, diverse team and developing strong relationships with external stakeholders that are critical to the organisation’s growth and reputation in the country.
About the Role
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- To ensure the country office’s programme strategy is responding to the country’s critical development and humanitarian needs, and is also aligned to organisation’s global strategy, mission and values.
- To enhance Muslim Aid’s reputation and brand through maintaining positive relationships with other stakeholders, including government, donors, UN bodies, other INGOs and local NGOs.
- To seek new funding opportunities through in-country and external relationship building including with bilateral and multilateral development partners, embassies and high-net individuals.
- To ensure that effective and secure budgetary control of the programmes’ finances and expenditures are established and maintained, in line with Muslim Aid’s financial procedures guidelines.
- To ensure that there is an adequate analysis of the risks which could impact on Muslim Aid’s operations in Pakistan and to evaluate the risk appetite of the Pakistan Country Office.
- To support the internal audit function in the office through the HQ internal auditor.
- To line manage the country team and the work in the country which will include staff, budgets, funding (both institutional and local) and ensure programme delivery in accordance with Muslim Aid policies and procedures.
To be successful in this role:
- Proven experience working internationally in development and/or humanitarian sector.
- Previous experience working in Pakistan.
- Proven experience of programme design, development and implementation.
- Experience of multiple donor grant management and reporting to major donors.
- Experience of networking with key stakeholders particularly for fundraising and advocacy.
- Knowledge of development programme design.
- Proven understanding of financial management.
- Excellent strategic, judegment, planning, co-ordination and prioritisation skills.
- Able to anticipate and manage risks that could threaten the organisations reputation, operational viability and security.
Why you should Apply
If you are self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy this role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Country Director Pakistan to be able to lead our Country Office in Pakistan. You will be joining a supportive, highly-skilled, passionate organisation as a specialist in your field.
1. 3 years (Fixed - term)
2. Application deadline - Open ended - We will initiate interviews and the selection process on a rolling basis, with the aim to have this position filled as soon as an appropriate candidate is identified.
3. Salary will be paid in Pakistani Rupees
4. Interviews will be held virtually for this role