Summary of Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Sudan office for an innovative Country Director who will provide dynamic leadership and management to develop and deliver Muslim Aid ‘s strategy in Sudan, with a focus on leading and building a high-performing, diverse team and developing strong relationships with external stakeholders that are critical to the organisation’s growth and reputation in the country.
About the Role
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- To ensure the country office’s programme strategy is responding to the country’s critical development and humanitarian needs, and is also aligned to organisation’s global strategy, mission and values.
- To enhance Muslim Aid’s reputation and brand through maintaining positive relationships with other stakeholders, including government, donors, UN bodies, other INGOs and local NGOs.
- To seek new funding opportunities through in-country and external relationship building including with bilateral and multilateral development partners, embassies and high-net individuals.
- To ensure that effective and secure budgetary control of the programmes’ finances and expenditures are established and maintained, in line with Muslim Aid’s financial procedures guidelines.
- To ensure that there is an adequate analysis of the risks which could impact on Muslim Aid’s operations in Sudan and to evaluate the risk appetite of the Sudan Country Office.
- To support the internal audit function in the office through the HQ internal auditor.
- To line manage the country team and the work in the country which will include staff, budgets, funding (both institutional and local) and ensure programme delivery in accordance with Muslim Aid policies and procedures.
- To lead the change and transformation process.
To be successful in this role:
- Relevant Masters level qualification or similar academic achievement
- Proven experience working internationally in development and/or humanitarian sector
- Previous experience working in Sudan
- Proven experience of programme design, development and implementation.
- Experience of multiple donor grant management and reporting to major donors.
- Experience of networking with key stakeholders particularly for fundraising and advocacy.
- Knowledge of development programme design.
- Proven understanding of financial management.
- Excellent strategic, judgement, planning, co-ordination and prioritisation skills.
- Able to anticipate and manage risks that could threaten the organisations reputation, operational viability and security.
Why you should Apply
Are you up to the challenge of delivering quality development and humanitarian programmes in Sudan? Are you a dynamic and innovative leader and manager who can develop, grow and deliver Muslim Aid‘s programmes in Sudan?
- Can you lead and build a high-performing, diverse team and develop strong relationships with external stakeholders?
- Can you bring significant senior leadership and management experience, in the development and delivery of high quality development and humanitarian programs; work both with and through partners, and work in challenging and complex contexts?
- Do you have experience of building high performing teams with proven experience and understanding of how to drive and support excellent team performance and individual development? Are you passionate about gender and diversity?
- Do you have demonstrable experience in managing risk, security and legal compliance within an INGO context?
- Do you have the experience and capacity to lead a change and transformation process? All NGOs are facing a challenging environment and need to change their ways of working taking into account the localisation agenda, the grand bargain and disintermediation to name a few.
1. 2 years (Fixed - term)
2. Application deadline - Open ended - We will initiate interviews and the selection process on a rolling basis, with the aim to have this position filled as soon as an appropriate candidate is identified.
3. Interviews will be held virtually for this role