Summary of Role
The Head of Operations is a 2 year fixed term, unaccompanied role. The post holder will provide leadership and will be responsible for the management of the Finance and Administration Units (Finance, Logistics, Procurement, Human Resources and Administration), ensuring compliance with MA and donor policies and regulations related to these functions.
About the Role
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Supervise performance of the finance department in Khartoum and other field offices and to ensure compliance with GAAP, MA policies and procedures, and donor requirements.
- Identify management system weaknesses, establish priorities, provide recommendations for improved systems performance and ensure compliance through follow-up with the department and area coordinators.
- Ensure that the Statutory accounts of the office are annually audited by an external auditor appointed for a fixed term in consultation with the HQ.
- Ensure and facilitate successful audits of any donor funded programme which is audited by external auditors of donor agencies in consultation with the HQ.
- Oversee IT systems and recommend any necessary investments (training, material, human) to ensure that MA offices use the most current and locally feasible information technology.
- Ensure that MA facilities meet the needs of staff in terms of the physical environment, making recommendations for improvement as needed and overseeing modifications.
- In coordination with the Country Director, Administration and Human Resources staff, contribute to the modifications and implementation of MA Sudan Employee Manual, national staff salary scale, fringe benefits, and other terms of employment to ensure justice, fairness, retention of high quality staff competitiveness with other humanitarian agencies, and compliance with local labour laws and standards.
- The Head of Operations may be required to spend up to 40 % of his/her time travelling to project locations and field offices.
To be successful in this role:
- Bachelor degree in related field.
- Proven experience of working at a senior level within an International non-profit organization, UN or other.
- Possession of financial and business acumen to plan and manage budgets and achieve value for money both internally and through external contracts and opportunities.
- Proven success at managing and directing resources at a senior management level.
- Experience and understanding of managing business functions such as Finance, HR, operations etc.
- Experience in the financial management of European donors.
Why you should Apply
If you are hardworking and enthusiastic individual who will be able to Head different operational functions simultaneously and are ready for a challenge. Then this role may be for you.