Summary of Role
The Head of Programmes’ (HoP) is a 2 year fixed term and unaccompanied role. The post holder is responsible for the development, implementation, management, monitoring, and evaluation and reporting of all MA Sudan country programmes and for ensuring these respond to current development and humanitarian trends. The HoP is required to spend 50% of their time in the field leading, assisting and providing feedback to the project and programme officers, coordinators and managers.
About the Role
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Oversee the implementation of all MA programmes in Sudan, providing intellectual vision and strategic direction to ensure all programmes are in line with MA strategic priorities.
- Ensure the delivery of Sudan’s country programme with demonstrable impact and ensure that programmes meet overall quality and learning standards.
- Lead the programmes team in the development of sustainable programmes and quality proposals targeting institutional funding, using participatory approaches that involve all relevant stakeholders, ensuring that these are in line with MA strategic and thematic objectives.
- In partnership with the Country Director and senior management, lead the development and implementation of an organisation-wide strategic plan with mechanisms for programme monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL).
- Work closely with the CD to diversify funding sources for ongoing activities and new programmes, according to the strategic and annual plans, through developing existing or new relationships with donors and other key partners.
- Engage in active fundraising for programmes in key focus areas and develop and implement a resource mobilisation and outreach strategy for the organisation, concentrating in particular on institutional donor funding.
- Directly supervise and lead the programme team in various programmatic areas – Health and Nutrition, FSL, and emergency response, etc. Facilitate project and programme officers in planning and ensuring that deliverables are met in accordance with proposals, plans, budgets and donor regulations.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of a positive image and the overall credibility of MA Sudan.
To be successful in this role:
- Bachelor degree in related field.
- Extensive experience in working with INGO/NGO in a senior position.
- Proven experience in leading development and humanitarian programmes in challenging developing country contexts.
- Operational experience and track record of successful development and humanitarian projects
- Proven experience of developing quality proposals for a variety of donors, and successfully fundraising with EC, ECHO, UN and DFID
- Proven experience in reviewing, monitoring and evaluating programmes, and using quantitative and qualitative methods and approaches
- Proven success at managing and directing resources at a senior management level
- Experience of developing high performing teams
- Experience of networking and building relationships.
- A track record of promoting learning and capacity building
- Experience of promoting effective partnerships.
Why you should Apply
If you are a motivated and strong individual who is ready for a challenge, and able to lead and inspire our programmes team in Sudan then this may be the job for you.