Summary of Role
Muslim Aid is looking for a Trustee with a background in Income Generation & Marketing.
Candidates should have a good understanding of contemporary charitable activity in the UK and internationally and will help the Board develop our strategic aims and provide insight and support to achieve these aims - to constructively challenge our executive management team and to provide robust governance.
We are also looking to ensure a diverse make-up of the new Board in terms of gender and international linkages. We are also looking for an individual who can bring commitment, enthusiasm, creativity and thoroughness to the governance function. An ability to attend quarterly board meetings is a requirement; however, it is not a prerequisite to be a permanent resident in the UK. While implementation of strategic decisions of the Board will largely be in the hands of the CEO and Leadership Team, there may also be a need for some Trustees to be involved in sub-committees established for specific purposes.
There are big challenges ahead, but we have the passion, belief and ambition to meet them. If you share our belief and commitment to improving the lives of those in need, we very much look forward to hearing from you and perhaps, welcoming you on board.
About the Role
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Ensure that we comply with our governing documents, charity and company law, other relevant legislation and regulations, and follows guidance issued by the Charity Commission and relevant regulators.
- Giving strategic direction to the charity; setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- Ensuring compliance with legal, statutory, and regulatory responsibilities.
- To setup and Chair Income Generation & Marketing Committee.
- To ensure that there is the right breadth and depth of fundraising and marketing skills on the Income Generation & Marketing Committee, with access to the right networks, in order that the charity is in the best possible position to develop and deliver high quality strategies in fundraising, and marketing.
- Ensuring the charity acts within the constraints of its constitution.
- Safeguarding Muslim Aid’s good name and values.
To be successful in this role:
- Experience of fundraising and marketing and or business development at a senior level. This will include generating income from corporates, High Net Worth Individuals, events and or other initiatives. Philanthropic giving would be valuable.
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities, and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Direct experience of operating within the voluntary and community sector organisations.
- Strategic planning experience at senior level.
- Ability to think creatively and ambitious regarding the organisation’s prospects, identifying key area for promotion and growth.
- Legislative and operating framework for charities/voluntary and community sector organisations.
- A thorough understanding of the Code of Fundraising Practice.
Why you should Apply
By becoming a Trustee, you have the opportunity to not just talk about how charities should be run but rather do something about it yourself. The role allows you to utilise your skills and make the changes you want to see. By joining Muslim Aid, you have the opportunity to work towards a cause that you feel passionate about and be a part of something special.