Summary of Role
This role is based in the UK and open to individuals with unrestricted right to live and work in the UK. At this stage we are unable to offer sponsorship opportunities. Therefore, you must currently hold the right to work in the UK.
Reporting to the Head of International Programmes (dotted line to Head of Finance), the role is responsible for the provision of strategic and operational financial management that relates to programmes, working closely with the International Programmes team. You will be responsible for providing technical advice and guide programmes requirements, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial risk management.
In this role you are required to capacity build country offices finance leads, retrieve and analyse financial transactions of Muslim Aid (MA), produce budgets to submit to donors to secure new funding and produce donor reports. You will also be providing information on grant spending, ensuring these are submitted on time and accurately.
About the Role
- Managing the project financial reporting for live projects, ensuring that transactions are correctly recorded, relevant accounting adjustments are made, and forecasts are performed regularly.
- Reviewing the monthly financial performance and analysing the balance sheet with business unit leads and programmes team.
- Carry out financial risk assessments of the Programme in collaboration with the country office finance contact and Programmes Manager to identify key financial risks and ensure any recommendations are implemented.
- Support the overseas budget and reforecast process ensuring that the system is fit for purpose, accurate and timely.
- Support the finance team in-country, ensuring a consistent approach to financial management across programmes and develop a culture of change and innovation, ensure financial processes are fit for purpose in a growing organisation.
- Provide quality and insightful management information to the organisation regarding all Programme activities.
- Provide support and information for the year end statutory audit.
To be successful in this role:
- Accounting Qualification ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA
- Experience and understanding of Institutional donors
- Experience of working in or auditing the charity sector
- Proven experience and knowledge of effective budgetary control and grant management
- Financial business partnering skills
- Highly analytical and methodical with great attention to detail
Why you should Apply
If you are an exceptional and experienced International Programmes Accountant who has the necessary skills and personal qualities to contribute to the strategic vision and leadership of the international programmes finance function, then this may be the role for you.
How to apply:
You must complete an application form for this role, which you can find at the top of this page.
NOTE: If you are experiencing issues uploading your application form on our apply landing page, please forward your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Benefits you will enjoy if you work for us:
- 37 days holiday (including Bank Holidays and Privilege days)
- Flexible working conditions, including home working
- Employee benefits with Perkbox
- Free eye tests
- Paid time off for medical appointments
- 2 hours lunch break on Fridays
- Time off in Lieu (TOIL)