Summary of Role
The Supporter Experience team is involved in ensuring the supporter experience is at the heart of everything we. We are aiming to increase the depth and value of supporter relationships whilst encouraging repeat giving or multiple interactions. The purpose of this role is to design and implement first class stewardship plans to ensure our amazing supporters have a great experience with Muslim Aid and care about the cause for many years.
About the Role
The post holder will play a pivotal role in making Muslim Aid more data and insight driven in the way we fundraise and communicate with supporters. The Supporter Experience team will take a lead in mapping supporter journeys by using a data driven methodology to ensure we are implementing insights to improve the way we engage with our supporters.
As a confident communicator, you will help develop a culture based on understanding and interpreting supporter behaviours and motivations. Using this information, you will lead on mapping journeys and experiences across communications, campaigns and the fundraising portfolio to maximise a supporter’s lifetime value.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Maximise retention of existing supporters and grow the long-term value of the supporter base.
- Maximise the effective use of insight, data and knowledge in building and maintaining long-term relationships with supporters.
- Complete an audit of current supporter journeys across the organisation.
- Through research, testing and analysis, create new supporter journeys to increase engagement and improved income generation.
- Ensure we provide first class supporter care and stewardship through personalising and valuing our donors, fundraisers and volunteers and to build long term relationships.
- Ensure that all teams are enabled and empowered to identify opportunities and resolve issues to improve supporter care, loyalty and supporter retention.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Significant supporter/customer care experience obtained from the commercial or charity sectors.
- Proven experience developing internal relationships across a complex organisation – working with internal clients to develop and adapt briefs to improve supporter experience.
- An understanding of the ‘Supporter Journey’ preferably gained in the charity sector
- Experience working in a busy environment, prioritising activities appropriately and managing multiple, conflicting priorities.
- Thorough understanding and experience of the principles of stewardship and a proven attitude of customer care.
- Excellent understanding of customer service and complaints management practices.
Why you should Apply
If you are process and data-driven and motivated by providing high standards of customer care, this role is an exciting opportunity for an goal-orientated individual to be able to lead on the mapping of the supporter journey and to build the processes supporting that journey.
You will be joining a supportive, highly-skilled, passionate organisation as a specialist in your field. Muslim Aid offer a 35-hour week, generous holiday allowance of 37 days (including bank holidays), flexible working and encourage a healthy work-life balance.