Summary of Role
The Supporter Relations department acts as the guardian of the Muslim Aid brand as well as being the source of knowledge for enquiries and contact from supporters (Donors, Campaigners, Volunteers, Customers etc) and the wider general public. This includes being up to date and knowledgeable about the new and existing international projects we deliver, campaigns, appeals etc. and liaise with various departments.
You will provide critical support answering queries, promoting our services/products and processing donations. You will be required to enter records accurately onto the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and to maintain a high level of accuracy in all management information.
About the Role
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Provide excellent service on a daily basis. This role will be the first point of contact for all internal and external supporter related queries.
- Ensure all calls are answered promptly and handled appropriately, and to take telephone donations when necessary.
- Respond to all incoming enquiries from current and prospective supporters (phone, mail and online) in line with agreed briefs and procedures.
- Create and amend supporter records on CRM and record all relevant correspondence
- Provide live support between 9:30-17:30 to all stakeholders on the online chat service.
- Process all invoices for the Supporter Relations & Data Insights functions.
This role is based in the UK and open to individuals with unrestricted right to live and work in the UK. At this stage we are unable to offer sponsorship opportunities.
To be successful in this role:
- You will have experience of working in a customer service role, gained within the charity or commercial sector.
- You must have a genuine interest in working in the charity sector, preferably INGO, and creating an excellent experience for our supporters.
- You must have experience working in a busy environment, prioritising activities and managing multiple, conflicting priorities
- You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to liaise effectively with people at various levels. This includes a high standard of written and spoken English.
- You will be educated to A-level or equivalent.
Why you should Apply
If you are self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy this role is an exciting opportunity for a strong communicator with great attention to detail and a passion for customer service to join the Muslim Aid family. You will be joining a supportive, highly-skilled, passionate organisation. Muslim Aid offer a 35-hour week, generous holiday allowance of 37 days (including bank holidays), flexible working and encourage a healthy work-life balance.