10 Reasons Why Education is So Important
Education is undeniably one of the most important aspects of life. As we grow up, education can help us to develop as people, learning new life skills and improving our knowledge. All of this information is then carried across into our daily lives as an adult, helping us to become better, more informed citizens and enabling us to lead happier and more successful lives.
Offering your Zakat is one of your duties as a Muslim, yet it can be difficult to know where to send your money in order to ensure it makes the most impact. Calculate your Zakat and use it to give disadvantaged children access to the education that they deserve. Many Muslims choose to use their Zakat for charitable or religious purposes, but have you ever thought about using it for the purposes of education? And, for that matter, why is education so important?
- Happiness. Education can improve your levels of happiness, helping you to feel more confident, self-assured and empowered throughout your daily life. Education doesn’t dictate happiness, but it can certainly help to boost it.
- Self-sufficiency. Those with an education are far more likely to be able to become self-sufficient and work to earn their own living, making informed and well-calculated decisions in order to reduce dependency on others.
- Determination. Setting goals is one thing, but reaching them is something else entirely. Those who are well-educated are more likely to set themselves more challenging goals yet will have the willpower and determination to do their best to ensure success.
- Health. Statistics show that child mortality rates drop when the mothers are better educated. Since well-educated people are also more likely to have better jobs, this means that any children they have are more likely to have a better lifestyle throughout childhood.
- Economic Growth. The success of a nation is dictated by its residents; a good national level of education leads to economic growth throughout the country.
- Freedom. Working across different languages, cultures and countries is made simple for those who are well educated. Knowledge and self-confidence can help to ensure that the world really is your oyster.
- Peacefulness. Greater understanding and tolerance comes from education, as people learn about other cultures and embrace the differences. This can lead to peacefulness and a far more ethical outlook.
- Adaptation. Education opens our eyes to new ways of working and doing things, helping us to welcome new techniques and adapt to change.
- Reasoning and Logic. When highly educated people encounter a problem, they deal with the issue in a calm and collected way, using logic to reason out the most viable solution.
- Personal Development. When you sit down and take the time to learn something new, you are opening yourself up to a whole new range of possibilities, learning new things which can help you to grow and develop as a person.
Calculate your Zakat using our bespoke online calculator today – ensure you are in the best position possible to be able to help and assist those children who are desperately in need of an education.